Verizon Smartphoto Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Verizon Smartphoto Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Verizon Wireless (“Sponsor”) and any of their parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies (“Affiliates”), their respective employees, officers, directors, and agents, and those associated with the development, distribution or implementation of this Contest, as well as their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Verizon Wireless, One Verizon Way, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920. Administrator: Monica Vila, OM Media Group, Inc. 400 Madison Ave. NY 10016 ?914-374-0808
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Contest Period: The Contest begins on September 18, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. ET, ends on October 2nd at 7:00 pm ET (the “Contest Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: To participate in the Contest, you must have an Instagram account. Posting on Instagram may require a mobile device and therefore data usage applies. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
The Contest has five (5) categories that entrants can submit photography for: landscape, portrait, night shot, cityscape/street art and mobile/tech.
To enter participant must post on Instagram newsfeed an image of their choice from one (1) of the five (5) eligible categories. Each submission must include the following tags in their post to be eligible:
- Selected photography category: (#landscape, #streetart, #portrait, #nightshot, #cityscape and #mobiletech.
- Device used: (i.e. #iPhoneX, #SamsungGalaxyS9, #GooglePixel2)
- No additional hashtags should be included in the caption
Multiple submissions are allowed.
Your Submission need not include any reference, positive or negative, to Sponsor’s products or services. By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you if it believes that it fails to conform.
- The Submission must be in a format acceptable to Instagram; and
- The Submission’s description, if any, must be in English.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any recognizable individuals who appear in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may only be included in the Submission if entrant is their parent or legal guardian. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not contain content created by a third party, such as images or artwork;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator, or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, divisive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Limit: Each entrant’s submission(s) must be made with a smartphone camera.
6. Sponsor’s Use of Submissions: Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, print, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
7. Winner Determination: During the conclusion of the applicable Entry Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select five (5) winners with the highest-scoring Submissions (“Winners”) based on the following judging criteria:
- Creativity/Originality (34%);
- Quality of Submission (33%); and
- Fit to Contest Theme (33%)
Subject to the entrants’ compliance with these Official Rules, five (5) entrants whose Submission receives highest score will be deemed the potential winners. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for “Creativity/Originality,” as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable potential winner from amongst the tied entrants. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
8. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by the Verizon Social Influencer Agency/Administrator via direct message on or about September 30. Each potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to provide their contact information (which will be shared with Sponsor for administrative purposes), sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release (“Declaration”), which must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. Each potential Prize winner must provide his/her full name, home mailing address and date of birth to confirm eligibility within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is provided, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information, within the required time period (if/as applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
9. Prizes: Five (5) PRIZES.
Four category winners will receive a $1,000 cash and $500 Verizon gift card. (ARV of each prize: $1,500.00)
The Grand Prize winner will receive a $2,000 cash prize and a $500 Verizon gift card. (ARV of each Grand Prize: $2,500.00)
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of all prizes: $8,500.00.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, Verizon Social Influencers, Instagram and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company?s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. Publicity: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. Ownership of Submission: Each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties, and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
13. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorney fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
15. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey.
17. Winner List: You may request the names of winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 15, 2018 to: The Verizon Smartphoto Contest Winner’s List c/o Verizon Northeast Market Marketing, 100 Southgate Parkway, 2nd Floor, Morristown, NJ 07960.
2018 Verizon Wireless. All rights reserved.